POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Preparedness Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:51 EDT (-0400)
  Preparedness (Message 33 to 42 of 142)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Fatality
Date: 24 Aug 2012 14:13:02
Message: <5037c42e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 24.08.2012 19:59, schrieb nemesis:

>>> Holy hell... I think they might actually hire me! o_O
>>
>> I just got a letter today.
>>
>> Apparently I am not good enough. (!)
>>
>> At this point, I'm stunned. I seriously can't imagine what more I could
>> have done...
>>
>> Oh well, I guess I'm back to being bereft of hope.
>
> you need a tattoo and a nose ring

Or instead of a tattoo, get a branding along with the nose ring; that
way, you can still make a living as a piece of cattle if all else
fails... >_<

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Subject: Re: Preparedness
Date: 24 Aug 2012 16:59:53
Message: <5037EB4B.1090802@gmail.com>
On 24-8-2012 9:43, Invisible wrote:
>>> Well, they seemed convinced of my technical capabilities. If anything,
>>> they seemed more worried that I'd get bored and leave in five minutes
>>> flat.
>>
>> If they need an informed opinion about that, they can ask here. We can
>> all testify that you will never leave your job, no matter how boring and
>> underpaid.
>
> Oh, I think they're already convinced of that. 10 years working for one
> company will do that... ;-)

No, I am working now for 23 years in this hospital. People will
correctly assume it is a interesting job with daily new developments and
a great assortment of fantastic colleagues.
They will assume the same from you, unless you have explicitly told them
otherwise. (Which would be extremely foolish, so I wouldn't be surprised
if you did ;) )

--
Women are the canaries of science. When they are underrepresented
it is a strong indication that non-scientific factors play a role

Post a reply to this message

> >> If they need an informed opinion about that, they can ask here. We can
> >> all testify that you will never leave your job, no matter how boring and
> >> underpaid.
> >
> > Oh, I think they're already convinced of that. 10 years working for one
> > company will do that... ;-)
>
> No, I am working now for 23 years in this hospital. People will
> correctly assume it is a interesting job with daily new developments and
> a great assortment of fantastic colleagues.

are you telling me it is not as in "Scrubs"?

Post a reply to this message