POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Preparedness : Re: Fatality Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fatality
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Aug 2012 05:25:07
Message: <503899f3$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/08/2012 5:29 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> I just got a letter today.
>
> Apparently I am not good enough. (!)
>
> At this point, I'm stunned. I seriously can't imagine what more I could
> have done...
>
> Oh well, I guess I'm back to being bereft of hope.

I commiserate but that is life. It is their loss as well.
The thing to do is not to brood about it and go for the next one.

 > And yet... I still don't have a job. And from the postdate on the
 > letter, it took only an hour or two for them to decide. Apparently I
 > was that bad.

No, no, no. They just thought that someone else fitted better, that is all.

 > (The letter says something about it being a "difficult
 > decision" due to the "extremely high calibre of the applicants". But
 > they probably say that to everybody.)

No, not true. Although it is a polite lie it is not always the case.
You came away from the interview feeling that you were in the running so
you probably were. It is just unfortunate (for you) that someone else
got the job. It may have been something trivial such as he lived two
miles away.
When I was working at Motorola my boss told me that he wasn't going to
hire someone because he had a copy of the daily mail in his pocket. Work
that one out. o_O

Anyway don't despair and keep trying.

--
Regards