POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh no... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Oh no... (Message 21 to 25 of 25)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Oh no...
Date: 16 Aug 2012 12:22:18
Message: <502d1e3a$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

>>> I mean, sure, she's married and much older than me and Chinese. But
>>> still, somebody somewhere actually thinks I'm cool...

On the other hand, if you're cool, you can't be hot. It's physically
impossible to be both at the same time.

> There's a girl called Helen in my dance class. She's devastatingly
> beautiful, and I desperately want to go out with her. But, as far as I
> can tell, she's not the slightest bit interested. (I think she might
> even be avoiding me...) But the advice I got from this lady today was
> that Helen totally wants me to ask her out. Because THAT makes logical
> sense... (??)

Ask. That will solve the question.

> Damn, girls are confusing!

Indeed. They are more mysterious than electrics of a French car. And
they are already unsolvable.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 16 Aug 2012 12:25:04
Message: <502d1ee0$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/08/2012 05:22 PM, Eero Ahonen wrote:
>> Damn, girls are confusing!
>
> Indeed. They are more mysterious than electrics of a French car. And
> they are already unsolvable.

True story: My dad drives a French car. One day, he drove it to work,
parked it, and turned the engine off. When he turned the engine off, the
driver's side window opened. So he turned the engine back on, closed the
window, turned the engine off... and the window opened again.

In the end, the only solution was to turn the engine on, OPEN THE DOOR,
and then turn the engine off. Then the window stayed shut.

It has never ever done that again since. GO FIGURE.

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:25:11 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> On 16/08/2012 05:22 PM, Eero Ahonen wrote:
>>> Damn, girls are confusing!
>>
>> Indeed. They are more mysterious than electrics of a French car. And
>> they are already unsolvable.
>
> True story: My dad drives a French car. One day, he drove it to work,
> parked it, and turned the engine off. When he turned the engine off, the
> driver's side window opened. So he turned the engine back on, closed the
> window, turned the engine off... and the window opened again.
>
> In the end, the only solution was to turn the engine on, OPEN THE DOOR,
> and then turn the engine off. Then the window stayed shut.
>
> It has never ever done that again since. GO FIGURE.

There was a question about something similar to this on a radio programme
here in the US called "Car Talk" a few weeks ago.

Some cars have a feature to do this when you press the remote.  IIRC, it
could also have been some sort of electrical spike to the motor that
controls the window.

Have a look at cartalk.com and see if you can find a relevant
discussion. :)

Jim