POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh no... : Re: Oh no... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh no...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Aug 2012 12:47:45
Message: <502d2431$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:25:11 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> On 16/08/2012 05:22 PM, Eero Ahonen wrote:
>>> Damn, girls are confusing!
>>
>> Indeed. They are more mysterious than electrics of a French car. And
>> they are already unsolvable.
>
> True story: My dad drives a French car. One day, he drove it to work,
> parked it, and turned the engine off. When he turned the engine off, the
> driver's side window opened. So he turned the engine back on, closed the
> window, turned the engine off... and the window opened again.
>
> In the end, the only solution was to turn the engine on, OPEN THE DOOR,
> and then turn the engine off. Then the window stayed shut.
>
> It has never ever done that again since. GO FIGURE.

There was a question about something similar to this on a radio programme
here in the US called "Car Talk" a few weeks ago.

Some cars have a feature to do this when you press the remote.  IIRC, it
could also have been some sort of electrical spike to the motor that
controls the window.

Have a look at cartalk.com and see if you can find a relevant
discussion. :)

Jim