POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Guns don't hurt people - People hurt people... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:28:34 EDT (-0400)
  Guns don't hurt people - People hurt people... (Message 21 to 30 of 37)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 7 Messages >>>
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Guns don't hurt people - People hurt people...
Date: 8 Aug 2012 18:38:10
Message: <5022ea52$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 21:34:16 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> Your local neighbourhood burglar? Sure, maybe.

Frequently, according to gun rights proponents.  And you do hear of it
happening.

At the same time, people who think that putting more guns into a crowded
cinema when some whackjob in full body armor decides to throw a tear gas
grenade in and then starts shooting people is a good idea, they're
deluding themselves.  (And that's what happened in Aurora, CO that
sparked this most recent round of gun control talk in the US).

This guy seriously planned ahead, and he fully intended to survive the
event (which in itself is somewhat rare).

Professional SWAT team members have said that *they* wouldn't start
shooting at the perp in a circumstance like that - and they're trained
extensively on dealing with situations like this.

Some cowboy with a Glock 9 or a Colt .45 isn't going to stop someone like
that.  They're more likely to (a) make themselves into a target, and (b)
end up shooting innocent bystanders who are panicing and trying to get
the hell out.

Adding more guns to that situation would NOT have helped at all.  It
would've turned it into even more of a bloodbath.

Jim

Post a reply to this message