POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The end of an era Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  The end of an era (Message 43 to 52 of 52)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Re: The end of an era
Date: 10 Aug 2012 14:21:49
Message: <5025513d$1@news.povray.org>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDnE-5lD7w8

> No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uprjmoSMJ-o

Post a reply to this message

From: Francois Labreque
Date: 10 Aug 2012 14:53:19
Message: <5025589f$1@news.povray.org>

> On 09/08/2012 08:34 PM, Stephen wrote:
>
>> Anyway it is historical. Back in the day Archbishops were just a tad
>> more powerful than they are now. And they had their own armies. So they
>> had to be listened to.
>
> IT'S THE BISHOP!
>
> <que music...>

cue, as in give the cue to the sound guy to start the music.

"que" means "that" in French (pronounced "kuh") or Spanish (pronounced
"kay")

From: Stephen
Date: 10 Aug 2012 16:04:20
Message: <50256944@news.povray.org>
On 10/08/2012 7:21 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>> IT'S THE BISHOP!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDnE-5lD7w8
>
>> No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uprjmoSMJ-o

Do remember that it was considered innovative at the time. :-)

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message