POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old music Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Old music (Message 1 to 10 of 39)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Old music
Date: 3 Jul 2012 16:46:52
Message: <4ff35a3c$1@news.povray.org>
I can't help thinking that the previous century had such a vast amount
of music that is drastically superior to this century (which,
admittedly, isn't over yet). Take a trip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAUINv61Jvc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb3AVT5kBIo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTy5iDYh9b8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKHoEZgAb_k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEC-2_qCqeo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8C4vNjDaSo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3q3eKVBuoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD4C9B4zV9Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LGFA3L61Lg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i15ALD6fsUU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywsESPu7eGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4G_Aa47vfk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpWJx3I2DY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yHCBv7qdYE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k679WKSwRE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMPi_iER9Qc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtINzvbYwY0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2_HpPut4gA

That's 18 tracks I found with a few trivial Google searches. I think it
makes my point quite clearly. Though the sound quality (to say nothing
of image quality!) varies wildly, the songs themselves are all
premium-quality stuff.

Somehow, I doubt that in 30, 40 or 50 years time, anybody will give a
**** about This Is Love, Payphone, Don't Wake Me Up, Whistle, or Call My
Name. That's today's UK Chart Top 40. I just looked it up. I haven't
heard of a single one of these [which is no surprise], but then neither
have you [which is kind of my point].

Also: Hoo boy, this post is A LOT of copyright infringement! o_O
Legally, I should probably be sued off the face of the planet...

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 21:46:57 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> Somehow, I doubt that in 30, 40 or 50 years time, anybody will give a
> ****
> about This Is Love, Payphone, Don't Wake Me Up, Whistle, or Call My
> Name. That's today's UK Chart Top 40.

A lot of classical music of the 20th century wasn't popular until after
the composers were dead as well.

Jim

Post a reply to this message