POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old music : Re: Old music Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old music
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 4 Jul 2012 12:48:39
Message: <4ff473e7$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/07/2012 02:34 PM, Warp wrote:
> Orchid Win7 v1<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> I can't help thinking that the previous century had such a vast amount
>> of music that is drastically superior to this century (which,
>> admittedly, isn't over yet).
>
>    A certain genre not being popular today doesn't mean that nobody creates
> that kind of music anymore.

No. It just means that a lower quantity (and possibly quality) of it is
produced, that's all.

>    Also, you are comparing like the top 0.1% of the music of 100 years to
> the average music of the past 10 years. Hardly a fair comparison.

Well, the previous century is /finished/, for one thing. The current one
still has a long way to go. There's some hope it might improve in that time.

And also, yeah. My list demonstrates that the last century had some
great music. The quest now is to compile a similar list for the current
century...

>> Take a trip:
>
>    It looks to me like what you miss is rockabilly.

I miss melodic music, yes. I'm not a big fan of aimless wailing vocals
and grungy percussion.