POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old music Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Old music (Message 10 to 19 of 39)
<<< Previous 9 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Re: Old music
Date: 4 Jul 2012 15:45:00
Message: <4ff49d3c$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/07/2012 08:12 PM, nemesis wrote:
> Orchid Win7 v1<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> I can't help thinking that the previous century had such a vast amount
>> of music that is drastically superior to this century
>
> same is truer for the previous 2 centuries.

Well, now you're getting into more vague territory. The greatest piece
of music can sound awful if performed badly, and even bad music can
sound surprisingly good if played really well. So it's less clear-cut now.

But essentially, I have no idea what was actually written in those
centuries, so I'm not qualified to comment further.

Post a reply to this message

> But essentially, I have no idea what was actually written in those
> centuries, so I'm not qualified to comment further.

fair enough.  You are not aware of so much stuff in your own time, knowing stuff
from just a few centuries ago is too much.  I can say, though, that Bach is from
that time frame.

Post a reply to this message

> Orchid Win7 v1<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> But essentially, I have no idea what was actually written in those
>> centuries, so I'm not qualified to comment further.
>
> fair enough.  You are not aware of so much stuff in your own time, knowing stuff
> from just a few centuries ago is too much.  I can say, though, that Bach is from
> that time frame.

Interesting. I thought that Bach was far, far older than just a few
centuries...

Post a reply to this message

> > Orchid Win7 v1<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
> >> But essentially, I have no idea what was actually written in those
> >> centuries, so I'm not qualified to comment further.
> >
> > fair enough.  You are not aware of so much stuff in your own time, knowing stuff
> > from just a few centuries ago is too much.  I can say, though, that Bach is from
> > that time frame.
>
> Interesting. I thought that Bach was far, far older than just a few
> centuries...

ಠ_ಠ

Post a reply to this message

> Orchid Win7 v1<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>>>
>>> fair enough.  You are not aware of so much stuff in your own time, knowing stuff
>>> from just a few centuries ago is too much.  I can say, though, that Bach is from
>>> that time frame.
>>
>> Interesting. I thought that Bach was far, far older than just a few
>> centuries...
>
> ಠ_ಠ

Unicode character insertion fail.

Post a reply to this message

> > Orchid Win7 v1<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:

> >> Interesting. I thought that Bach was far, far older than just a few
> >> centuries...
> >
> > ಠ_ಠ
>
> Unicode character insertion fail.

yeah, blame the povray web access to newsgroups.

In any case, here's the char:

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/0ca0/index.htm

it's from reddit :)

Post a reply to this message