POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Today's WTF (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Invisible
Subject: Today's WTF
Date: 27 Jun 2012 09:10:57
Message: <4feb0661@news.povray.org>
Take a look at the attached image.

Clearly in this universe, something is fatally wrong with the laws of
reflection. o_O

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'test11-reflect2.jpg' (229 KB)

Preview of image 'test11-reflect2.jpg'
test11-reflect2.jpg

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Today's WTF
Date: 27 Jun 2012 09:32:54
Message: <4feb0b86@news.povray.org>
On 27/06/2012 02:10 PM, Invisible wrote:

> Clearly in this universe, something is fatally wrong with the laws of
> reflection. o_O

Bah. Damned sign conventions...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specular_reflection

This claims that the direction of the reflected ray is

   R = 2 (I . N) N - I

Running this gives me the previous distorted image. If I change it to

   R = I - 2 (I . N) N

then it comes out correctly:

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: