POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The US and gay marriage Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  The US and gay marriage (Message 21 to 30 of 30)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: The US and gay marriage
Date: 13 May 2012 17:00:22
Message: <4FB020E5.9050404@gmail.com>
On 13-5-2012 1:16, nemesis wrote:
> Em 12/05/2012 20:08, Stephen escreveu:

>> Whether it was a quote or not it shows a great lack of understanding for
>> people whose lives are difficult enough.
>>
>>> yes, no freaks. But that's the right term here.
>>>
>>> and no, I'm not Christian. Hey, I'm now just as atheist, depraved,
>>> hopeless and boring as you guys, how funky is that?
>>
>> Not very "funky" at all. That is the sort of comment that belittles
>> people who have thought seriously about the subject. If you don't mind
>> me saying and even if you do.

If it was a literal quote, I think it was sort of OK. If it was in the
line of the routine, but not literally, probably still OK with me.
Because it does not show your point of view but someone else's. (That
leaves the question of why you should express other peoples POV.)
Apparently the native English people think it is definitely not right.
That is a warning to me too. I'll have to think about this some more.

> well, I was not really expecting a warming "welcome to the club"
> attitude from other fellow atheists.

Why you would think that most people here are atheists is also not very
clear to me.

BTW being a Christian or an atheist has not much to do with
understanding basic biology. Even if in your country most Christians do
not. (most atheists don't either and OTOH many Christians do)

> hmm, belittle... making little of someone?... everyday a new word...

great, isn't it?

Post a reply to this message

>> hmm, belittle... making little of someone?... everyday a new word...
>
> great, isn't it?

Okay another two. :-)
Behold and beholden.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> hmm, belittle... making little of someone?... everyday a new word...
>>
>> great, isn't it?
>
> Okay another two. :-)
> Behold and beholden.

no that is just one.