POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old times Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  Old times (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Old times
Date: 9 Apr 2012 15:23:44
Message: <4f833740$1@news.povray.org>
[3/4]
[mp]

On the seafront down at Brighton we used to harmonise.
Me, Grifton and Jonny, Slick and some other guys.
We were singing oldies, but they were goodies then.
And today when I'm playing my old forty-fives, I remember when...

[mf]

We practiced in a back room, down at old Saint Lou's Hall,
Crowding under the arches, singing doo-wop to the wall.
And when we played the Richmond, we'd really pack 'em in.
And the people would travel from miles around just to hear The Razors sing

[f]

Cos we were looking for an echo,
An answer to our sound,
A place to be in harmony,
A place we almost found.

We'd forget the world around us when we sang Old Chappel Bells.
We'd sing songs by the Moonglows, the Halftones and the Dels.
[cresc.]
And when we sang sincerly, we would sing with all our might.
Even though the town was sleeping, we'd break the still of the night...

[C# F#]
[ff]

We've seen a lot of changes since when we first began.
We've gone our seperate ways now, even sang in some other bands.
[f]
Now we've turned into oldies, but we were newies then.
And today when I'm playing my old forty-fives, I remember when...

[C# D# F# G#]
[ff]

Cos we were looking for an echo,
An answer to our sound,