POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The game Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  The game (Message 45 to 54 of 54)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Re: The game
Date: 9 Apr 2012 04:52:36
Message: <4f82a354$1@news.povray.org>
>> As far as I can tell, Simcity is for people who enjoy making virtual
>> people do silly and/or erotic things to each other.
>
> That's actually a lame interactive soap opera by the name The Sims,

Oh, OK. Well what do I know?

>> I know nothing about Populous.
>
> Shame on you. It's one of the pionners of such games, by a UK company
> BTW, Bullfrog (see also Syndicate).

Oh, /that/ Bullfrog.

I think I still have my copy of Syndicate laying around somewhere. It
was an OK game, but not great. (Either that or I'm doing it /completely/
wrong...)

Post a reply to this message

From: Francois Labreque
Date: 9 Apr 2012 08:20:31
Message: <4f82d40f$1@news.povray.org>

> Yeah, I tried Civilization once. It's more like playing a board game.
> Couldn't figure out how to work it at all. Very dull.

BURN THE HERETIC!!!!

From: nemesis
Date: 9 Apr 2012 14:35:05
Message: <4f832bd9@news.povray.org>
Warp escreveu:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Uncharted and God of War for Playstation 3 are 2 modern 3D games that
>> have as much perfect and solid good old 16-bit side-scroller feel to
>> them as possible in a 3D world.  Seriously, action games need not be
>> just FPS...
>
>   I wouldn't call God of War a side-scroller, but more a bird-view 2D
> game.

It's pretty much a mix of a side-scroller brawler like Golden Axe and
fatalities from Mortal Kombat.

It only takes a bird view when there's too much action on huge
environments... the rest of the time, the camera is close to the action.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message