POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The game : Re: The game Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The game
From: Invisible
Date: 2 May 2012 05:56:09
Message: <4fa104b9@news.povray.org>
For those who want the short version:

In 1993, a really good game came out for the Amiga. Since then, several
versions have been released for PC, with progressively better graphics
and sound.

Now I'm playing the latest version of the game. Unfortunately, it's
published by Ubisoft, so there's lots of lame DRM, lame advertising, and
it insists on constantly trying to make you use the online play and
online interaction features. The core gameplay itself has also had lots
of artificial "levelling up" added to it.

The original gameplay idea was SO GOOD, however, that even though
Ubisoft have tried their hardest to ruin the game, I still can't stop
playing it.