POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows fuckage Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Windows fuckage (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Darren New
Subject: Windows fuckage
Date: 17 Mar 2012 00:45:06
Message: <4f6416d2@news.povray.org>
This is the kind of screw you get with backwards compatibility

http://msmvps.com/blogs/jon_skeet/archive/2012/03/16/diagnosing-weird-problems-a-stack-overflow-case-study.aspx

tl;dr - Windows fakes you out, basically giving you different files at the
same place in the file system depending on whether you're running a 32-bit
executable or a 64-bit executable, because people hard-code the path to
Windows binaries into their code and expect it to still work.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> Windows binaries into their code and expect it to still work.

  Who's more at fault here? Stupid programmers, or Windows? (Did Windows
always offer an abstract way of getting paths to system directories?)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message