POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows fuckage : Re: Windows fuckage Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows fuckage
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Mar 2012 13:58:30
Message: <4f64d0c6$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/17/2012 10:48, Warp wrote:
> Darren New<dne### [at] sanrrcom>  wrote:
>> We had the same sort of screwiness at Google before they replaced "make".
>> See, with Make, you don't actually have to declare all the dependencies of
>> your program.
>
>    make was not designed to keep track of dependencies automatically
> (I suppose because make was originally language-agnostic), but there
> are other similar tools that do.

I know that. We don't keep track automatically of the dependencies either.
But we check that what you declared to be the case is right. Sort of like
strong typing vs weak typing. :-) Made easier by the fact that you declare
your dependencies on packages rather than individual files. I say "I use the
XML processor and the logging package", not individual files that make up
those packages.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"