POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dual Server Failure Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Dual Server Failure (Message 21 to 30 of 65)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Dual Server Failure
Date: 18 Jan 2012 12:32:15
Message: <4f17021f$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:06:13 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> Pictures or it didn't happen. :-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRwPSFpLX8I perhaps?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 20 Jan 2012 01:13:58
Message: <4f190626@news.povray.org>
> Pictures or it didn't happen. :-P

They're out there.

>> And you know, I really, really miss SQL. :-)
> Even if it does violate the relational model? Aww, it must be wuv...

Far better than what you get to use at Google. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Invisible
Date: 20 Jan 2012 04:12:40
Message: <4f193008$1@news.povray.org>
>> Pictures or it didn't happen. :-P
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRwPSFpLX8I perhaps?

...the HELL?! o_O

1. I had no idea they had this many computers.

2. I had no idea it required engineering on this scale to run that many
computers.

3. That seems like quite a lot of empty space, actually...

Post a reply to this message

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10209580-92.html

> 2. I had no idea it required engineering on this scale to run that many
> computers.

It is not a domestic operation.

> 3. That seems like quite a lot of empty space, actually...

It does not mean that it is wasted space, though. You need space for
construction and maintenance. Not to mention air flow for cooling.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> 1. I had no idea they had this many computers.
>>
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10209580-92.html

My God. o_O

>> 2. I had no idea it required engineering on this scale to run that many
>> computers.
>
> It is not a domestic operation.

Sure. But given that computers are very low-power devices, you don't
think of a computer plant as something requiring megawatts of power and
entire rooms of cooling equipment.

Post a reply to this message