POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Don't mess with Hitchens Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Don't mess with Hitchens (Message 8 to 17 of 77)
<<< Previous 7 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Don't mess with Internet comments
Date: 10 Jan 2012 02:34:29
Message: <4f0bea05$1@news.povray.org>
Le 10/01/2012 04:36, Patrick Elliott a écrit :
> and walking on water (or turning it into whine)

I have explanation (or heresy) for that two, both due to bad translation
(well, enhanced translation), and more:

Laziness : walk on water; he took the road of water (he swam at worst,
he might have know some spot where the river was not so deep) to get to
the other side... whereas usual road on earth was longer.

Turning water into whine: Assume you have a barrel of strong whine for
twelve people, and usage is to never drink pure water (well, dirty water
really), and the meal is going to have fifty people: dilute the whine
with water, actually turning water into whine. A lighter lighter whine,
but still whine.

Multiplication of bread: well, the word for multiplication might have a
translation-side for division (indeed), he did not create more bread, he
split the bread amongst the people. There was X breads (big size) and
when done, every people (N people, N >> X) had bread, a part of bread.
(like milk: 1 bottle of milk can serve many glasses of milk)

Post a reply to this message