POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 大家好 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  大家好 (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: jhu
Subject: 大家好
Date: 15 Dec 2011 13:55:00
Message: <web.4eea416034892f54d19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
大家好。

Testing out unicode support here.

Post a reply to this message

From: jhu
Subject: Re: &#22823;&#23478;&#22909;
Date: 15 Dec 2011 14:30:01
Message: <web.4eea4a4ba63eb04ad19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
Guess there's no unicode support.

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 15 Dec 2011 16:37:57
Message: <4eea68b5$1@news.povray.org>
Le 15/12/2011 20:28, jhu nous fit lire :
> Guess there's no unicode support.

Well, not via html entities.
22823 = 0x5927 (CJK unified) 大
23478 = 0x5BB6 (CJK unified) 家
22909 = 0x597D (CJK unified) 好

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 16 Dec 2011 04:22:00
Message: <4eeb0db8$1@news.povray.org>
>> Guess there's no unicode support.

> Well, not via html entities.
> 22823 = 0x5927 (CJK unified) 大
> 23478 = 0x5BB6 (CJK unified) 家
> 22909 = 0x597D (CJK unified) 好

I've always wondered how the hell people manage to type in characters
which aren't actually on the keyboard.

Sure, you can do that thing where you hold down ALT and type in the code
number for the character you want. If you happen to be good at
memorising vast lists of cryptic code numbers, that is. :-P Surely there
must be some more efficient way?

Post a reply to this message

Le 16/12/2011 10:22, Invisible a écrit :
>>> Guess there's no unicode support.
>
>> Well, not via html entities.
>> 22823 = 0x5927 (CJK unified) 大
>> 23478 = 0x5BB6 (CJK unified) 家
>> 22909 = 0x597D (CJK unified) 好
>
> I've always wondered how the hell people manage to type in characters
> which aren't actually on the keyboard.
>
> Sure, you can do that thing where you hold down ALT and type in the code
> number for the character you want. If you happen to be good at
> memorising vast lists of cryptic code numbers, that is. :-P Surely there
> must be some more efficient way?

Well, vi (gvim & co) have another shortcut than Alt+ ...

It's ctrl+v u 5 9 2 7 for the first one!
copy & paste is ok in thunderbird.

For the CJK people, usually the keyboard is paired with an input
"driver" which display the alternative until you select one.
(you need to know how to vocalise it, as you enter it in roman..)
There is also keyboard with the graphical clues as key (the number of
graphical keys/clues for CJK is reduced, the extension might be longer)

--
Software is like dirt - it costs time and money to change it and move it
around.<br/><br/>

Just because you can't see it, it doesn't weigh anything,
and you can't drill a hole in it and stick a rivet into it doesn't mean
it's free.

Post a reply to this message