POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pointed humour Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:22 EDT (-0400)
  Pointed humour (Message 11 to 20 of 31)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Pointed humour
Date: 28 Nov 2011 12:49:12
Message: <4ed3c998@news.povray.org>
> Google "uc davis pepper spray" for all the news and videos and such.

  Btw, it's interesting that the "occupy" protests have had a perhaps
unpredicted side-effect. The protests might have little to no actual
effect on the main thing being protested (ie. the almost criminal
behavior of big "make money with money" type of corporations, and the
ridiculously capitalistic policies of the government), but as a
side-effect they have brought to light another problem in the US government
which urgently needs correctly: Namely, the policies of the law enforcement.

  In the current high-bandwidth internet era the police cannot stop videos
from being spread all over the world in a matter of seconds, which helps
exposing their dubious practices of outright police brutality.

  Personally, I don't really understand why the US police force is doing
this. They don't have to. They could stand by the protesters and simply
keep the peace. If some politicians order them to remove the protesters
by force, they could simply refuse. They could just uphold and protect
people's first amendment rights. It's not like the politicians would fire
the entire police force.

  Perhaps it *is* true that the average american police officer is drunk
with power, aggravated by peer pressure. Perhaps it *is* true that many
police officers are former school bullies who simply found a legal way of
legally continuing their bullying as adults.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message