POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pointed humour : Re: Pointed humour Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pointed humour
From: Warp
Date: 29 Nov 2011 10:00:50
Message: <4ed4f3a2@news.povray.org>
> On 11/28/2011 9:49, Warp wrote:
> >    Personally, I don't really understand why the US police force is doing
> > this. They don't have to.

> I'm guessing it's a general disdain for the protesters.

> I'm also thinking this is *much* more common since our high-up politicians
> started blatently ignoring the laws more and more. When the President says
> "Hey, torture is legal, because you can't touch me", then the cops tend to
> do the same thing. And then the shoppers see nothing wrong with it.

  I think your president should make a public statement strongly condemning
police brutality and expressing it clearly like "police brutality must stop
now", and that investigations on the incidents will be performed. I think
he would win quite some supporters for the next election like that.

  OTOH, I understand that Obama is not very known for standing firmly and
strongly behind his principles, and instead trying to make compromises and
try to make everybody happy, making him seem so weak, which is why he has
lost so much citizen support.

  I think trying to appease the two parties in the senate with compromises
is foolish. It's not the senate who elects the president. It's the people.

--
                                                          - Warp