POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of reboots Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:28:13 EDT (-0400)
  Speaking of reboots (Message 31 to 36 of 36)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Speaking of reboots
Date: 19 Oct 2011 17:54:23
Message: <4e9f470f$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/19/2011 11:52, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Indeed.  Remember when you used to just be able to pick up a telephone
> and get a dial tone? ;)

Someone said something like "I used to wish my computer was as easy to use
as my phone. Unfortunately, my wish has come true."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Oct 2011 21:38:31
Message: <4e9f7b97@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:53:33 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> On 10/19/2011 11:56, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> (esp. flash) on the PS3, because many sites just won't render flash on
>> it.
>
> I found it especially amusing that I had a gaming console hooked up to a
> five-foot-wide TV, and the PS3 insisted on watching only the 240-pixel
> resolution videos on youtube.

Yeah, that annoys me as well - it does the same thing when hooked up to
our projector.

I end up having to grab movie trailers from somewhere in order to see
them in full 1080p resolution.  Kinda annoying.

> Fortunately, the new TV actually shows HD if possible.

That's pretty nice that it does that. :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:54:21 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> On 10/19/2011 11:52, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Indeed.  Remember when you used to just be able to pick up a telephone
>> and get a dial tone? ;)
>
> Someone said something like "I used to wish my computer was as easy to
> use as my phone. Unfortunately, my wish has come true."

Be careful what you wish for. ;)

Reminds me of an X-Files episode.

Jim

Post a reply to this message