POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of reboots : Re: Speaking of reboots Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of reboots
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 20 Oct 2011 07:41:05
Message: <op.v3neq3xsmn4jds@phil-pc>
And lo On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 19:56:10 +0100, Jim Henderson
<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake thusly:

> On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:47:41 -0700, Darren New wrote:
>
>>>    Also, a TV is usually far from the user. Even if it's a big TV and
>>>    has
>>> a high resolution (ie. is a HD TV), it may still be difficult to read
>>> the smallest text in web pages. Usually devices used to surf the web
>>> (such as computers, laptops, tablets, cellphones) are held close for a
>>> reason.
>>
>> Actually, I've found quite the opposite. Wait until you need reading
>> glasses to say a 46" screen six feet away is harder than a 21" screen
>> two feet away. ;-)
>
> Indeed, on our 8' screen, using the PS3 to surf isn't too bad and is
> pretty easy to read.  Though I wish Sony would update the web browser
> (esp. flash) on the PS3, because many sites just won't render flash on
> it.

And on a smaller screen or at a greater distance R3 zooms in with L2 and
R2 controlling the level. Yes the NetFront browser is a pain for Flash; I
also often keep Javascript turned off due to the many lock-ups, slow-downs
and errors it can throw up.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com