POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of reboots Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Speaking of reboots (Message 27 to 36 of 36)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Speaking of reboots
Date: 19 Oct 2011 14:52:13
Message: <4e9f1c5d$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:12:44 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> It's getting to the point where our consumer electronics is just as bad
> as our sophisticated and flexible computers.

Indeed.  Remember when you used to just be able to pick up a telephone
and get a dial tone? ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Oct 2011 14:56:10
Message: <4e9f1d4a$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:47:41 -0700, Darren New wrote:

>>    Also, a TV is usually far from the user. Even if it's a big TV and
>>    has
>> a high resolution (ie. is a HD TV), it may still be difficult to read
>> the smallest text in web pages. Usually devices used to surf the web
>> (such as computers, laptops, tablets, cellphones) are held close for a
>> reason.
>
> Actually, I've found quite the opposite. Wait until you need reading
> glasses to say a 46" screen six feet away is harder than a 21" screen
> two feet away. ;-)

Indeed, on our 8' screen, using the PS3 to surf isn't too bad and is
pretty easy to read.  Though I wish Sony would update the web browser
(esp. flash) on the PS3, because many sites just won't render flash on it.

Jim

Post a reply to this message