POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : For metric gamers Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:43 EDT (-0400)
  For metric gamers (Message 11 to 20 of 42)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: For metric gamers
Date: 4 Oct 2011 06:38:02
Message: <4e8ae20a$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/10/2011 10:55 AM, Invisible wrote:
> One time I was offered a wee dram of whisky. Fortunately, it was very
> small. Like, he got a glass and poured in almost enough liquid to cover
> the bottom of the glass. (Apparently Glenmorangie is expensive or
> something.) Which is just as well, because I couldn't even drink that
> much. It tasted so disgusting..

It is an acquired taste and it might have been better if you had put
some water in it. Glenmorangie is one of my favourite whiskies.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 4 Oct 2011 06:45:46
Message: <4e8ae3da$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/10/2011 11:38 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 04/10/2011 10:55 AM, Invisible wrote:
>> One time I was offered a wee dram of whisky. Fortunately, it was very
>> small. Like, he got a glass and poured in almost enough liquid to cover
>> the bottom of the glass. (Apparently Glenmorangie is expensive or
>> something.) Which is just as well, because I couldn't even drink that
>> much. It tasted so disgusting..
>
> It is an acquired taste and it might have been better if you had put
> some water in it. Glenmorangie is one of my favourite whiskies.

I must admit, it did look quite impressive - all dark and mysterious in
the bottom of the glass, refracting the light and producing warm orangy
brown caustics on the table top. And it smelled interesting. I was
actually quite up for it. It's just that it tasted awful...

Post a reply to this message

On 04/10/2011 11:45 AM, Invisible wrote:
> I must admit, it did look quite impressive - all dark and mysterious in
> the bottom of the glass, refracting the light and producing warm orangy
> brown caustics on the table top. And it smelled interesting. I was
> actually quite up for it. It's just that it tasted awful...

Not many people can drink straight spirits unless they are used to it.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message