POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : For metric gamers : Re: For metric gamers Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For metric gamers
From: clipka
Date: 4 Oct 2011 08:09:05
Message: <4e8af761@news.povray.org>
Am 04.10.2011 11:51, schrieb Invisible:
> On 04/10/2011 10:47 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
>> Le 03/10/2011 22:11, Alain a écrit :
>>> I always wonder WHY the USA kept that colonial mesurment system.
>>
>> The "Not made here" syndrom.
>> USA is proud of its own system.
>
> Ah. Is /that/ why they're the only country on Earth who can't write the
> date in any consistent order?

 From a rational point of view, the widespread day-month-year ordering
is only marginally more consistent than the american month-day-year
ordering.

The only truly consistent ordering is the still uncommon ISO
year-month-date ordering ("2011-10-04"): Digits are listed in order of
descending significance (big-endian) throughout.

Little-endian throughout ("40-01-1102") would be just as consistent in
itself, but inconsistent with traditional numerical notation.