POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : C++ Advice Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  C++ Advice (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: C++ Advice
Date: 24 Sep 2011 13:36:08
Message: <op.v2bpubf9ufxv4h@xena>
My 14 year old son wants to start learning C++ and OpenGL.

What would be the best way to go about it?

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: C++ Advice
Date: 24 Sep 2011 13:58:08
Message: <4e7e1a30@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> My 14 year old son wants to start learning C++ and OpenGL.

> What would be the best way to go about it?

  I don't know, but I suppose one obvious way would be to buy him a
couple of books.

  I have read some positive things about the latest book of the man himself
(ie. Stroustrup), "Programming -- Principles and Practice Using C++".

  I'd also recommend "Effective C++", "More effective C++" and
"Effective STL" by Scott Meyers.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message