POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is this the end of the world as we know it? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Is this the end of the world as we know it? (Message 456 to 465 of 545)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Is this the end of the world as we know it?
Date: 21 Oct 2011 13:40:50
Message: <4ea1aea2@news.povray.org>
On 10/21/2011 1:09, Invisible wrote:
> I'd just feel kinda bad about making them go to all the trouble of
> interviewing me, going through a long elaborate selection process, finally
> getting a job offer, and then after all that saying "oh, you want me to work
> in London? OK, forget it, I'm not interested", and them being all like "WTF?
> Why did you even apply?!" I'd feel like I wasted everybody's time.

What if they said "We'll give you $150,000 more each year to move to London"?

> It's impossible to commute to London by car. (Well, no, it's theoretically
> possible, but you'd be insane to try.) More to the point, I absolutely hate
> London, so unless they're going to pay me 10x what I get now, it wouldn't be
> worth it.

Can it hurt to try? Trust me, you'd not be wasting anyone's time. If nothing
else, if you're 100% dead set against setting foot in london, tell the
interviewer that. I have no idea where all the offices are.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)