POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is this the end of the world as we know it? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Is this the end of the world as we know it? (Message 316 to 325 of 545)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Is this the end of the world as we know it?
Date: 11 Oct 2011 15:08:08
Message: <4e949418@news.povray.org>
On 10/11/2011 12:01, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> a product that you already have lying around and try to sell it to a
>>> completely different audience...
>>
>> You'll notice that Blender is free, right?
>
> Sure. That doesn't mean it's well designed. ;-)

It also means it isn't being sold to a different audience than it was built for.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Oct 2011 15:10:58
Message: <4e9494c2$1@news.povray.org>
>> Sure. I mean, I've been seeing this behaviour on a daily basis for
>> over ten years now. Obviously I'm mistaken.
>
> Just because your system is broken doesn't mean everyones' is.

Yeah, true. Every Windows system I've ever worked with in my life just
happens to be "broken" in the same way. That's completely plausible...

> Windows never "locked up" for me while looking for DHCP

I suppose Windows also doesn't stop responding when you change your
TCP/IP configuration settings? (Actually, that one seems to vary. On
some computers, you change it and it doesn't even blink. On others, you
change it and have to sit there for multiple minutes before it wakes up
again...)

> And the whole GUI doesn't lock up; at
> most, explorer waits for the CD to spin up. Again, it's that
> overgeneralization. :-)

Since Explorer is 90% of the Windows GUI, that's not a particularly
drastic difference...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On 11/10/2011 08:08 PM, Darren New wrote:

>>> You'll notice that Blender is free, right?
>>
>> Sure. That doesn't mean it's well designed. ;-)
>
> It also means it isn't being sold to a different audience than it was
> built for.

Would it make you happier if I change "sold" to "provided to"?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/