From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Oct 2011 15:10:58
Message: <4e9494c2$1@news.povray.org>
>> Sure. I mean, I've been seeing this behaviour on a daily basis for
>> over ten years now. Obviously I'm mistaken.
>
> Just because your system is broken doesn't mean everyones' is.

Yeah, true. Every Windows system I've ever worked with in my life just
happens to be "broken" in the same way. That's completely plausible...

> Windows never "locked up" for me while looking for DHCP

I suppose Windows also doesn't stop responding when you change your
TCP/IP configuration settings? (Actually, that one seems to vary. On
some computers, you change it and it doesn't even blink. On others, you
change it and have to sit there for multiple minutes before it wakes up
again...)

> And the whole GUI doesn't lock up; at
> most, explorer waits for the CD to spin up. Again, it's that
> overgeneralization. :-)

Since Explorer is 90% of the Windows GUI, that's not a particularly
drastic difference...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/