POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is this the end of the world as we know it? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Is this the end of the world as we know it? (Message 296 to 305 of 545)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Is this the end of the world as we know it?
Date: 10 Oct 2011 12:59:08
Message: <4e93245c$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/10/2011 2:55, Invisible wrote:

>>> I know. And I always thought it was a really weird name...
>>
>> So did I. For that matter, I still do. :)
>
> Also, it contains far less information than a STOP message does. Basically
> an error code (plus textual translation) and a memory address. Good luck
> working out, say, what was *at* that address or anything...

That's why the power light flashes 3 times before the message comes up.
That's you're cue to hit DEL on the serial terminal plugged in to the back
to launch the kernel debugger.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 10 Oct 2011 13:00:49
Message: <4e9324c1$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/9/2011 21:43, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I didn't catch that assertion. OK. It's fairly unique in being a
>> standard searchable format with an API, but not in that it stores binary
>> data.
>
> grep -ri text /etc/*
>
> Works pretty well for being a standard searchable format on Linux. ;)

Without an API. Or transactions. And there's really no standard searchable
format there besides "a text file". Tell me what standard Linux tool will
give you a list of all the Document roots that Apache is serving.