From: Invisible
Date: 11 Oct 2011 04:02:30
Message: <4e93f816$1@news.povray.org>
>> Targeting a program at somebody other than who your eventual users are
>> going to be? Yes, that would be... "poor design". :-)
>
> Having the eventual users completely change after you've finished
> writing the code due to events completely outside the realm of said
> code? No, not really poor design.

Then perhaps that should be "poor management".

You don't design a defibrillator to be operated by medical experts, and
then start telling them to the general public. If you want the public to
have them, you carefully design them to be operated by untrained people.
It's called "designing the product for the target audience". You don't
just take a product that you already have lying around and try to sell
it to a completely different audience...