POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is this the end of the world as we know it? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Is this the end of the world as we know it? (Message 231 to 240 of 545)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Is this the end of the world as we know it?
Date: 8 Oct 2011 21:00:57
Message: <4e90f249$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/8/2011 14:38, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Configuration files don't autogenerate other configuration programs.

Autoconf? :-)

> Obviously you don't know many Linux users.  I know at least 5,000, and
> many of them not only love and use the GUI, but tend to have religious
> wars over which GUI is better.

I still giggle when I see someone using a gui in Linux to do things like
find files. Just because I'm so used to the command line (and GUIs for Linux
tend to suck horribly compared to something where it's the expected
interface) that it looks silly to me.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?