POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quoth the raven, "nevermore". Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:53 EDT (-0400)
  Quoth the raven, "nevermore". (Message 31 to 40 of 48)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Quoth the raven, "nevermore".
Date: 28 Sep 2011 04:24:03
Message: <4e82d9a3$1@news.povray.org>
Le 28/09/2011 10:08, Invisible a écrit :
> now I'm wondering what the hell Christianity was called before Jesus
> Christ was born.

It's even worst, only the last three years or so did he preach.
And Jesus Christ was not born. Jesus was born.
(Christ is a literal translation of Messiah in hebrew and it is usually
related to an onction)
At best, Jesus Christ starts with John the Baptiste in a river...

Post a reply to this message

Le 2011/09/28 04:24, Le_Forgeron a écrit :
> Le 28/09/2011 10:08, Invisible a écrit :
>> now I'm wondering what the hell Christianity was called before Jesus
>> Christ was born.
>
> It's even worst, only the last three years or so did he preach.
> And Jesus Christ was not born. Jesus was born.
> (Christ is a literal translation of Messiah in hebrew and it is usually
> related to an onction)
> At best, Jesus Christ starts with John the Baptiste in a river...

Now, in the nativity, it's stated that it was during a Roman census.
There was NO census around year 1.
There was one about 30 years earlier, and another 15 years later...

And, there have never been a year zero... Try to write 0 in the Roman
numbers that where used when our calendar was established. That's why a
century start on year xx01 and not xx00.

Post a reply to this message