POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A rare moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:32:46 EDT (-0400)
  A rare moment (Message 41 to 50 of 84)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: A rare moment
Date: 21 Sep 2011 17:14:21
Message: <4e7a53ad$1@news.povray.org>
>> Actually, I was thinking... Our dance school really, really needs air
>> conditioning. Do you know what happens if you put 80 people in a room
>> with no windows and make them do strenuous exercise for 60 minutes? Let
>> me tell you: it gets *warm*, and most of all it gets *humid*. Not fun.
>>
>> I was thinking, we could have a dance marathon to raise money to install
>> a cooling system. Something like "you pay me X for every Y seconds of
>> dancing I manage to pull off without dropping dead". We have several
>> dances that severely tax all but the fittest dancers...
>>
>> ...yeah, I'm sure it'll never happen. Nice idea though. ;-)
>
> That works the wrong way. The worse your room is the less you can
> collect. A more logical scheme would be 'you pay me X for every dancer
> that drops dead within some fixed time'.

True. I was thinking it would have to be an outdoor event or something.
(The school has a very large garden out back. You would need to make
something to dance on though...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Sep 2011 17:17:49
Message: <4e7a547d$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/09/2011 09:49 PM, andrel wrote:

> Correct me if I am wrong but I think relative grading is common in e.g.
> the US, Japan and Iran.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the US legendary for being populated
by idiots?

(I don't have any factual evidence that this reputation is actually
deserved, nor that it's related to the US applying relative grading...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/