POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A rare moment : Re: A rare moment Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:31:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A rare moment
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Sep 2011 17:19:25
Message: <4e7a54dd$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Actually, an employer's primary concern may often be stuff that's not in
>>> the grades at all: Soft skills. Are you good at communicating with
>>> others? Are you good at motivating yourself/others? How do you perform
>>> under pressure? Are you good at cooperation (teamwork)? Are you good at
>>> competition (marketing strategies)?

>> I still think philosophy degrees are pointless. :-P
>
> But then again, I think you would not score high in any of the soft
> skills clipka mentioned ;)

Written communication? Well, I'm good enough that a random guy on the
Internet paid me to write stuff for him.

Verbal communiation? Yeah, I'm OK, not great though.

Motivation? I have lots of that. Patience? Not so much...

Motivating others? Forget it.

Working under pressure? Pitiful.

Teamwork? I've never had the opportunity to be part of a team that
wasn't dysfunctional.

Competition? Pitiful.

> Still, we all know there are jobs where you would excel.

Hmm, yes. Anything which doesn't involve talking to people, staying
focused for more than five minutes, or dealing with deadlines.

Butterfly catcher? Daydream writer? Minion of the antichrist?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/