POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A rare moment Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  A rare moment (Message 5 to 14 of 84)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: A rare moment
Date: 20 Sep 2011 10:21:11
Message: <4e78a157@news.povray.org>
On 20/09/2011 02:51 PM, Mike the Elder wrote:

> As for the classroom environment, I support the notion of cutting way back on
> creating artificial institutionally sponsored forums for separating students

> questions about the intrinsic value of their efforts and actions instead.  Life

> on competition to become an irrational preoccupation with stamping out

> meeting.

This teacher was clearly of the opinion that *all* competition is
inherently a bad thing. Much like there are people who insist that
violence is wrong, and would peacefully let somebody beat them to death
rather than actually defend themselves.

Myself, I happen to agree with your sentiments on the matter...

Post a reply to this message