POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vampires? Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:09 EDT (-0400)
  Vampires? (Message 81 to 90 of 100)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Vampires?
Date: 18 Sep 2011 15:41:20
Message: <4e764960$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.09.2011 18:27, schrieb Darren New:
> On 9/18/2011 1:02, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> The *real* trick is the fact that you can create conditions
>> where you "know" what the outcome will be, instead of just looking
>> into the
>> box to find out.
>
> That's exactly what the quantum eraser does, and if you don't look at
> the result, you don't get interference. That's precisely the point I'm
> making. You get interference at time T by taking a measurement at time
> T+D, where D is a timelike separation from T.

Something's wrong there, because it would allow me to define a protocol
to transfer information back in time:

- At time T+D, I decide wheter I take a measurement or not depending on
some information.

- At time T, I check whether I get interference or not, which tells me
whether I'll be measuring at T+D, which in turn gives me the desired
information.

Last not least, I could even base my decision whether to take a
measurement or not on whether I get interference or not - which would
obviously cause a problem with causality.

Post a reply to this message