POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vampires? : Re: Vampires? Server Time
26 Sep 2024 23:38:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vampires?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 19 Sep 2011 20:06:26
Message: <4e77d902$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/18/2011 4:36 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> It is not possible to do
>> that, without both particles affecting *each other*, thus triggering the
>> collapse.
>
> Yes. And that's the funky part, now isn't it? I'm not sure why you first
> bang your head on the desk, then agree with me.

Not the entangled particles, I mean what ever "particle" in the device
you are using the trigger the effect desired, and which ever one of the
the entangled pair you are playing with, to produce that result. You
don't get an effect in a vacuum (well, you do, but the odds of a
collisions are a lot damn less likely lol), you have to have the
particle pair you are testing with "interact" with something. That
interaction, as I said in the other post, is almost never, if ever, the
measuring device. So, measurement is irrelevant to the problem.