POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF moment Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Today's WTF moment (Message 51 to 60 of 64)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Today's WTF moment
Date: 8 Sep 2011 04:14:01
Message: <4e687949$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/09/2011 05:11 AM, Darren New wrote:

>>> Yeah, because Croase sand goes so well with tea.
>>
>> Personally, I put sugar in it...
>
> I just stick a spoon in it.

Not while it's in the oven, I hope...

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Sep 2011 15:10:15
Message: <4e691317@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 09:14:43 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>>> Personally, I put sugar in it...
>>
>> I just stick a spoon in it.
>
> Not while it's in the oven, I hope...

I find a chopstick works well.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 20 Sep 2011 09:06:26
Message: <4e788fd2$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/5/2011 10:52 AM, Invisible wrote:

> Yes, but under /normal/ circumstances, it boils at 100°C, which is why
> it's defined that way. :-P

And get it under the right condition and ice sublimates. Even more
interesting at certain temperature/pressure combinations water can be
kind of a liquid that's almost a gas, and can smoothly change phases
between the two.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message