POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : (TheDaily)WTF job interviews Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  (TheDaily)WTF job interviews (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Warp
Subject: (TheDaily)WTF job interviews
Date: 23 Jul 2011 12:42:07
Message: <4e2af9df@news.povray.org>
Reading this:

http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Three-for-Three,-Recursion-Threads,-and-Wrong-Answer.aspx

I started wondering two things:

  - How often it happens that bosses hire people based on their resumes
(or, more precisely, the personal impression that the boss gets from the
resume) completely ignoring the results of the job interview, even when
the interviewer vehemently opposes the hiring?

  - How often it happens that an interviewer does not recommend an applicant
to be hired because the applicant knew way more about the job than the
interviewer (causing the interviewer to feel outsmarted and a fool)?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message