POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CPU instruction sets Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  CPU instruction sets (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Darren New
Subject: CPU instruction sets
Date: 8 Jul 2011 17:14:11
Message: <4e177323@news.povray.org>
It's kind of amusing, after all this time, to look at the documentation for
a CPU instruction and see it described in terms of VHDL instead of just prose.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message

> It's kind of amusing, after all this time, to look at the documentation for
> a CPU instruction and see it described in terms of VHDL instead of just prose.

  That was certainly random.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Darren New<dne### [at] sanrrcom>  wrote:
>> It's kind of amusing, after all this time, to look at the documentation for
>> a CPU instruction and see it described in terms of VHDL instead of just prose.
>
>    That was certainly random.

It just goes to show that nowadays, people design CPUs using VHDL. Waste not
want not.