POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You what? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  You what? (Message 99 to 108 of 118)
From: Alain
Subject: Re: You what?
Date: 18 Jul 2011 16:27:44
Message: <4e249740$1@news.povray.org>

>> Stephen<mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
>>
>>> Black on the outside. White on the inside.
>>
>> Honestly, I don't understand what that's supposed to mean.
>>

> A black person who doesn't act like the rest of their homies from the
> 'hood.
>
> cf: Lewis Hamilton, Tiger Woods, Barack Obama.
>
> The inverse (and quite derogatory) is "wigger". White folks who dress
> with pants down to their knees and oversided basketball shirts. If I'm
> not mistaken, the Brits call them "chavs".

So, it's a degoratory term used to designate someone from an unfavorable
origin, who, through hard work, sacrifices and perseverence, managed to
rise above that background.

If I was in that case, I would receive it as a GREAT compliment, an
awsome acknowlegement and recognaisance of the great hard work of my
parents, possibly grand-perents, and mine.

When you are from some gethoized culture, you realy have a duty of
getting OUT of it and it's stigma. You should never wilignly stay in those.

Alain

Post a reply to this message