POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You what? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  You what? (Message 79 to 88 of 118)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: You what?
Date: 14 Jul 2011 23:00:59
Message: <4e1fad6b$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/14/2011 19:55, Stephen wrote:
> You think? O_O ;-)

I wasn't explaining for *your* edification.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 14 Jul 2011 23:09:34
Message: <4e1faf6e$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/07/2011 4:00 AM, Darren New wrote:
> On 7/14/2011 19:55, Stephen wrote:
>> You think? O_O ;-)
>
> I wasn't explaining for *your* edification.

Sorry, jet lag.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Jul 2011 00:46:47
Message: <4e1fc637@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 02:07:01 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>> I hadn't heard that -
>
> Black on the outside. White on the inside.

Ahh

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 15 Jul 2011 01:53:40
Message: <4e1fd5e4@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> > I hadn't heard that -

> Black on the outside. White on the inside.

  Honestly, I don't understand what that's supposed to mean.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Francois Labreque
Date: 15 Jul 2011 09:02:03
Message: <4e203a4b$1@news.povray.org>

> Stephen<mcavoys_at@aoldotcom>  wrote:
>>> I hadn't heard that -
>
>> Black on the outside. White on the inside.
>
>    Honestly, I don't understand what that's supposed to mean.

A black person who doesn't act like the rest of their homies from the 'hood.

cf: Lewis Hamilton, Tiger Woods, Barack Obama.

The inverse (and quite derogatory) is "wigger".  White folks who dress
with pants down to their knees and oversided basketball shirts.  If I'm
not mistaken, the Brits call them "chavs".

Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > Stephen<mcavoys_at@aoldotcom>  wrote:
> >
> >> Black on the outside. White on the inside.
> >
> >    Honestly, I don't understand what that's supposed to mean.
> >

> A black person who doesn't act like the rest of their homies from the 'hood.

> cf: Lewis Hamilton, Tiger Woods, Barack Obama.

  So it's a derogatory term used by other black people?

  Why shouldn't a person be free to act however he likes?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>    So it's a derogatory term used by other black people?

Yes and some white people as well

>    Why shouldn't a person be free to act however he likes?

No reason at all, at all. But that is what people are like.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message