POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You what? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  You what? (Message 51 to 60 of 118)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: You what?
Date: 13 Jul 2011 17:11:30
Message: <4e1e0a02$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/13/2011 13:57, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> The writing system has over eight million characters, and it's *still*
> ambiguous?

It's still ambiguous without the context of a surrounding sentence.

Is "use" a verb or a noun?  Is "read" present or past tense?  Same thing.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Jul 2011 19:13:49
Message: <4e1e26ad$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 21:56:34 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> On 13/07/2011 07:54 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> I was going to say, "Andrew Lloyd Webber" and "epic masterpiece" create
>> a fair amount of cognitive dissonance for me - those two things don't
>> really belong in the same sentence, IMNSHO.
>
> Yeah, weirdly a couple of people have voiced this incomprehensible
> opinion...

What's so incomprehensible about it?  ALW's music has no redeeming
musical qualities that I've ever heard, basically a sort of feel-good-pop-
crap musical style.

Even hearing the name triggers my gag reflex.

Jim

Post a reply to this message