POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You what? : Re: You what? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You what?
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Jul 2011 04:35:59
Message: <4e1eaa6f$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/07/2011 04:06 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:

> My perception is a bit colored, though, because I was required to play
> "Memory" from _Cats_ in orchestra several years, and the simplified
> version grated on me (and made me dislike the song and the composer .
> Then to hear bits of things like "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "Joseph and
> the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" - *those* definitely are puke-inducing
> for me and fit my earlier description.

Memory is one of my least favourite songs from Cats. There are many
others in there which are much more enjoyable. Now if only I could
somehow obtain the score from somewhere...

I disliked Jesus Christ Superstar, but I really like Joseph and the
Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I've never seen an official production,
but my sister's school put on a performance. I'm really impressed with
how well the student orchestra managed to perform it. (With the possible
exception of the drummer, who didn't put out an especially steady beat.)
There was one girl in the school who honestly sang like a pro.

(I'm also impressed that a mere school would have a hall this huge, and
such professional facilities. Then again, maybe that's just because I
went to a tiny under-funded school myself where everything was always
crappy...)