POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ubiquitous Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:13 EDT (-0400)
  Ubiquitous (Message 11 to 20 of 35)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Ubiquitous
Date: 8 Jul 2011 12:05:36
Message: <4e172ad0@news.povray.org>
On 7/8/2011 1:41, Stephen wrote:
> should have been around when 9k6 bit/s was standard.

That pretty much *is* standard for pre-"G" phones. Basically, voice
conversations got squashed down to 9600Kbps for transmission, so it's very
slow on the original GSM and AMPS phones.

Now, of course, you have much higher bandwidth.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message