POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's irritation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:32:34 EDT (-0400)
  Today's irritation (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Today's irritation
Date: 22 Jun 2011 12:03:56
Message: <4e02126c$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/22/2011 5:33, Francois Labreque wrote:
> You know that's a euphemism, right?

Spend some time with a chinese person and you'll realize *everything* in
English is a euphamism.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 22 Jun 2011 13:48:35
Message: <4e022af3@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> For some reason, it really *really* annoys me when people write "i.e."
> when they /obviously/ meant "e.g."

> Apparently some people think these mean the same thing.

  Am I only imagining things, or is consistently mixing up "your" and
"you're" more popular today than it was eg. 10 years ago? (The error seems
to happen almost equally in both ways, unlike with "it's" vs. "its", where
it happens almost exclusively on one way.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message