POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interesting performance comparison of C#s and C++'s Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:24:46 EDT (-0400)
  Interesting performance comparison of C#s and C++'s (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Darren New
Subject: Interesting performance comparison of C#s and C++'s
Date: 20 Jun 2011 17:52:36
Message: <4dffc124$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cross-platform/BenchmarkCppVsDotNet.aspx

It should be noted that the compact framework doesn't do nearly as much work
optimizing stuff that the desktop systems do, and that's well known. The GC
is known to suck, if nothing else, but overall a lot of stuff is interpreted
without caching and such rather than use all the tricks that go into modern
VM-based systems.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like