POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The 5th Element Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  The 5th Element (Message 1 to 10 of 25)
From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: The 5th Element
Date: 9 Jun 2011 19:10:26
Message: <4df152e2$1@news.povray.org>
I'd forgotten how much I enjoy this movie ... watched it last night. Not
only do I like the campy/corny style, but the characters are really
great. My favorite scene is when the DJ is trying to interview the
contest winner, and all he get from him is one word answers. Chris
Tucker is a hoot, and Bruce Willis ... he's always a safe bet. The diva
wasn't bad either ;-)

Post a reply to this message

On 6/9/2011 16:10, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> I'd forgotten how much I enjoy this movie ... watched it last night. Not
> only do I like the campy/corny style, but the characters are really great.
> My favorite scene is when the DJ is trying to interview the contest winner,
> and all he get from him is one word answers. Chris Tucker is a hoot, and
> Bruce Willis ... he's always a safe bet. The diva wasn't bad either ;-)

It's a fantastic movie. The number of subtle details is just amazing. The
fact that the protagonist never even meets the antagonist is highly amusing
as well.  My favorite bit is the "pardon the garbage" comment in the
airport. And perhaps the cigarettes.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 16:39:21 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> On 6/9/2011 16:10, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> I'd forgotten how much I enjoy this movie ... watched it last night.
>> Not only do I like the campy/corny style, but the characters are really
>> great. My favorite scene is when the DJ is trying to interview the
>> contest winner, and all he get from him is one word answers. Chris
>> Tucker is a hoot, and Bruce Willis ... he's always a safe bet. The diva
>> wasn't bad either ;-)
>
> It's a fantastic movie. The number of subtle details is just amazing.
> The fact that the protagonist never even meets the antagonist is highly
> amusing as well.

I never actually noticed that before, but now you mention it..... :)

> My favorite bit is the "pardon the garbage" comment in
> the airport. And perhaps the cigarettes.

Yes.  Definitely one of my favourite films of all time. :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> I never actually noticed that before, but now you mention it..... :)

In the resort space ship, during the evacuation, they're both in the same
scene, but they don't actually meet. Very amusing, and obviously the
director understood what was going on in that aspect.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like
    driving without turn signals."

Post a reply to this message

> On 6/9/2011 16:10, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> > I'd forgotten how much I enjoy this movie ... watched it last night. Not
> > only do I like the campy/corny style, but the characters are really great.
> > My favorite scene is when the DJ is trying to interview the contest winner,
> > and all he get from him is one word answers. Chris Tucker is a hoot, and
> > Bruce Willis ... he's always a safe bet. The diva wasn't bad either ;-)
>
> It's a fantastic movie. The number of subtle details is just amazing. The
> fact that the protagonist never even meets the antagonist is highly amusing
> as well.  My favorite bit is the "pardon the garbage" comment in the
> airport. And perhaps the cigarettes.

Fruit.
A cherry.

The score's excellent, too, by the always-atmospheric Eric Serra.

Post a reply to this message